Winners of the 2018 CDR Scholarships Announced

July 02, 2018 at 4:36 PM

In 2018 the Children of the Doolittle Raiders Scholarship Program was initiated to award scholarships to direct descendants of the Doolittle Raiders.  The first winners of the scholarships were announced at the 2018 CDR meeting in New Orleans.

kal staley - cdr 2018 scholarship recipient_edit.jpg

Kal Staley is the grandson of Doolittle Raider Jack Sims, co-pilot of Crew 14.  He plans to attend Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) and major in Management Information Systems (MIS). 

Gabrielle Daigle_cropped-1.jpg

Gabrielle Daigle is the great-granddaughter of Doolittle Raider Robert C. Bourgeois, Bombardier on Crew 13.  In her own words: 

Hello my name is Gabrielle Daigle from New Orleans, Louisiana. I am a recent graduate of Mount Carmel Academy class of 2018. I will embark on my college journey at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. I will be majoring in International Studies while also participating in their 3 plus 3 law program. I am beyond thankful to everyone who has helped especially the Children of the Doolittle Raiders and can not wait to begin my new journey.  

The Children of the Doolittle Raiders wish to congratulate Kal and Gabrielle on their accomplishments and wish them continued success in all of their pursuits.

Tags: